Sunday 26 October 2014

Pointless Jeans

God knows how long it's been since I've done an outfit post, and again I apologise. My camera has recently given up on me, so that's why outfit posts have been slacking. 
However, you can still view my outfits through my Instagram account which I am updating daily: http://instagram.com/natasyaovialund. Once I get my camera fixed and all, I promise I will be back on it. Meanwhile, keep updated through my Instagram for outfit posts. 

Anyway, the other day.. my boyfriend's friend needed models for a Uni project and I thought maybe I could use this opportunity to style an outfit together and use his photographs for my blog, which he kindly didn't mind me doing. So for his shoot, I wanted to keep it casual, therefore I chose to wear my DIY jeans with a crop knit jumper to calm down the outfit a little as the jeans are quite a statement. Then finishing off with my favourite fur coat, bargain Shoe Zone Timberland look-a-like boots and my newest sun pendant choker. The aim of this outfit was to create a Autumn/Winter look with these Summer season jeans. I keep my word when I say I don't believe in seasons (obviously within reason). 

So my jeans, I call them pretty pointless because my legs are practically out and the practicality of jeans have been cut off but out of all the ripped jeans that are on trend at the moment - these kind are my favourite. And they were surprisingly easy to make, at first I was nervous to cut my Levi 501's but luckily the result of them were exactly what I wanted. I took inspiration from fashion bloggers on Instagram and LookBook to create my jeans. I chose to cut my jeans this way because I haven't really seen it around, other than on bloggers and celebrities so I took the risk of maybe ruining my jeans and never been so thankful of a DIY risk before. If you want to know how I made my jeans, please don't hesitate to contact me - all details on 'Contact Me' section of my blog. 

Last but not least, I can't miss out how great these photographs are (as you can see below). My boyfriend's friend Ollie is such a talented photographer (I wish he could take all my blog photographs) and I highly recommend to check out his work: http://www.olliema.com/ 




Sun Pendant Choker - eBay, Crop Knit Jumper - Bershka, Fur Coat - Miss Selfridge, Jeans - Braderie Vintage Shop,
Belt - Dad's Old Wardrobe, Boots - Shoe Zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment