Wednesday 16 July 2014

Kudos Roberto Cavalli and Rita Ora

It's been a while since I've done a review, so I've decided to start my summer collection of reviews with Roberto Cavalli's latest campaign for his Autumn/Winter 2014 collection. 


It's come to a surprise that Rita Ora has come to work together with Robert Cavalli after all the Moschino she's been rocking; both casually and in her music video 'I will never let you down'. She swapped her edgy look for an elegant collection of Cavalli prints; from the stunning gown (above) to my favourite two-piece pant suit (below). When I looked at the campaign, my first impressions were Marilyn Monroe meets Beyonce. The embroidery reminds me of Beyonce's extravagant show pieces and the classic curls and soft make-up is just what Marilyn Monroe was all about. The way this campaign has been composed is just beautiful. Cavalli has gone for a less dramatic approach with the art direction, for example the absence of the exaggerated poses usually seen Roberto Cavalli campaigns. Everything just works.

Being the print lover that I am, I've always been a fan of Roberto Cavalli. Therefore didn't expect anything less than this collection, a beautiful mix of the fierce woman, the independent woman and the conservative woman. The cool, luxurious setting enhances the colours and the garments stunningly, portraying them as art. There is no arguing that Roberto Cavalli has created art pieces. Kudos. 




No comments:

Post a Comment