Monday 24 February 2014

Oh how I wish I was there..

LONDON FASHION WEEK! I think this one has got to be one of the best, in my opinion anyway. 

The top 5 trends spotted at this years Autumn/Winter 2014 LFW and to watch out for are:
1) 3D floral print
2) Blue, blue and more blue
3) Layering
4) Matching co-ords
5) Asymmetric

However, watching a few shows from my Uni room on youtube, I noticed a bit of 90's and the 60's too, in shows including Christopher Kane, Cheap Monday, and Matthew Williamson. Oh how I wish I was in the audience of some of the shows or even just there to experience the atmosphere and admire the street style walking around. Last year, I didn't go to any shows, I just went for street style research and even just going into Somerset House, capturing beautiful and odd outfits was enough of an experience for me. I definitely will try my hardest to attend shows next time! Talking of street style, so many bloggers I follow which include: Kavita Donkersley (shewearsfashion.com) and Becca Rose (beccarose.org), obviously many more too - hit LFW this year, representing bloggers with top style steals. And of course, all the celebrity muses dressed fabulously for this occasion. 

Jessie J standing out in an orange jumpsuit, Olivia Palermo keeping warm in that fur gilet,
 and Paloma Faith looking classically stunning.
Kavita rocking the sports luxe trend, & Becca rocking the floral print trousers!



My Favourite shows would have to be: KTZ, Tom Ford, Cheap Monday, Matthew Williamson, Vivienne Westwood Red Label and Topshop Unique - just to name a few!


KTZ - odd shapes, crazy prints, gothic/religious vibe, futuristic essence,
urban silhouettes, use of symbols, icons and patterns.


Tom Ford - 60's/90's essence, mix of youthful and mature pieces, sequin
jersey dresses, velvet gowns - native America?


Matthew Williamson - Fierce catwalk show, bodycons, 60's vibe again, prints,
fur, tailored jackets, edgy side of Matthew Williamson.


Topshop Unique - English heritage, big shapes, puffa jackets, countryside
mix with 90's, dramatic wide open catwalk, vintage feel, lot's of fur!

explore more about LFW here!




No comments:

Post a Comment