Tuesday 8 April 2014

Get your jellies out!

My jelly shoes came out to play with me and my boyfriend on Sunday!

We went to a Canterbury gig, if you don't know who they are then I definitely recommend you having a listen. They are an awesome independent band, with their own independent label; who have just released their 3rd album! Check them out here! Anyway, their set was great and we were lucky enough to also see Blitz Kids and a local band I used to hang out with, from home (Buckinghamshire) Big Sixes - that was a bit weird seeing them there but yeah, both bands were great. It was my boyfriend's first gig and I'm glad it was this one, it was small but so fun!

CANTERBURY @ BODEGA NOTTINGHAM
So for this gig, I went and bought myself this bargain of a dress from Primark. Took me an hour to choose something because there were too many things I wanted, however I went for this dress because of the price, comfort, print and style. When I say a bargain, I mean it.. £5!! You can't get any better than that, definitely wasn't expecting that when I looked at the price tag, suited my student budget perfectly. And the print, I think it was the vintage look it had to it which won me over and being on a cute skater dress rather than a shirt, just perfect for a gig and a keeper for summer too! The final thing, it will go with so many things I have which is a must when being a student, gotta recycle items of clothing and be creative with them. So yes, I was very happy with this buy.

I teamed it with my favourite crochet piece I have, this black cardigan that goes with everything and anything, over the knee socks and last but not least, my bargain jelly shoes. This outfit would be perfect for Summer, but with my style, I don't tend to dress by season, I just wear whatever I like and hope for the best. I'm just an all-rounder kind of person and don't always tend to follow trends or seasons; I think styling is more fun this way, however as a profession I understand trends and seasons and would work around them of course.








Crochet Cardigan - Oxfam Stall @ Bestival, Tribal Print Dress - Primark,
Over the Knee Socks - Primark, Heeled Jelly Shoes - Primark, 
Gold Chain - River Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment